D'Addario XT 12-String Acoustic Phosphor Bronze Set D'Addario. Their approach to coated strings has always been different to Elixir with the focus on creating a high grade of string which improves tone, strength, stability and longevity. The XT's feel almost like and uncoated string - at least in comparison to the EXP's (which were my favorite coated string - until now). I think they are a better long game string for those that don't change strings very often. The best place to start if you're new is right below in our "Rules" section. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between D'Addario's EXP strings versus their XT strings? Filters. D'Addario XTAPB1253 XT Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings - .012-.053 Light .012-.053 Light Acoustic Guitar Strings, Phosphor Bronze Rated 3/5 7 reviews Write your review Item ID: XTAPB1253 { "siteName" : "/gc" ... 5.0 of 5 stars (6) Reviews. I would say the sound is similar with the XT's being marginally brighter. Get the best price on our selection of D'Addario XT Strings at Musician''s Friend. D'Addario XT Regular Light electric guitar strings offer incredible tone with extended life in a popular, highly versatile 10-46 gauge. michael55tele. D'Addario XT strings combine high carbon steel cores with an extended lifespan treatment on every string in the set, giving you enhanced break resistance, pitch stability, and long-lasting performance - all while preserving the tone and feel of your favorite uncoated strings. I've been using the EXP phosphor bronze strings for the last five years, they're everything they are supposed to be, bright, balanced and long lasting. Judging by the tension charts, it seems that the standard equivalent D'Addario XL 130 has the same tension as their NYXL, so it's the D'Addario vs. EB difference that adds a little tension, not the NYXL vs. XL. It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. Messages: 45 Likes Received: 53. D’Addario XT strings are available for all of the main acoustic and electric guitar-family instruments including guitar, bass, mandolin, and banjo, as well as classical guitar. Home > Strings and Accessories Listed by Manufacturer > D'Addario Strings and Accessories > D'Addario Acoustic Guitar Strings > XT Acoustic Guitar DAD_XTABR1047 D'Addario XT Acoustic Guitar 80/20 Bronze, .010 - .047, XTABR1047 The strings boast an “impossibly thin” film coating (1/10 the thickness of a human hair) that D’Addario says completely protects the wound strings from corrosion without dampening tone. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Staff always friendly, helpful and... - Service Review on a Cadillac XT5 at D'Addario Cadillac There are currently no reviews for this product, be the first to write one! €15.90. Covered in a thin treated coating, they’re guaranteed to see … Sorry for a newbie question, but what is the purpose of the coating? Description: Innovative and uncompromising, our new D’Addario XT strings breathe extended life into your instrument by fighting back against corrosion. As others have noted - XT is mainly a coated string. D'Addario XT strings combine high carbon steel cores with an extended lifespan treatment on every string in the set, giving you enhanced break resistance, pitch stability, and long-lasting performance—all while preserving the tone and feel of your favorite uncoated strings. This is a highly anticipated string, from our point of view, and something D'Addario has worked on for a long time. Feel just like regular strings, maybe a touch smoother. Joined: Sep 23, 2019. The price is almost the same, but I can't find out what actually separates them. Most D'Addario XT Series Coated Strings are eligible for free shipping. The first coated string had been introduced by the Elixir … I've tried a set recently and can't really say they feel a lot different to NYXLs (or maybe I'm just not sensitive enough to notice), they play very similar imho. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Yep, was just about to say this. €15.90. Banjo Strings (6) Bass Guitar Strings (4) Guitar Strings (16) Mandolin Strings (1) Price. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. D’Addario XT Guitar and Bass Strings. XT Electric is a hybrid of D'Addario's XL and NYXL string technologies with a new proprietary treatment that is applied to the wrap wire and plain steel strings as well. D'Addario has announced their newest innovation of guitar strings. D'Addario XT strings combine high carbon steel cores with an extended lifespan treatment on every string in the set, giving you enhanced break resistance, pitch stability, and long-lasting performance—all while preserving the tone and feel of your favorite uncoated strings. I believe the Ernie Ball Paradigm strings came out at the same time as NYXL, so there was probably an intentional push to market those much heavier than their recent efforts. XT promises to combine all the company’s innovations in one set, with high-carbon steel cores, D'Addario’s most popular alloys and extended lifespan treatment on every string. I wonder if you’d review the Hannabach Goldin strings. The last couple of times I've tried the EXP26 Coated Phosphor Bronze Custom Light set. Available for 6 string electric guitar ranging from super light to light top/heavy bottom The guitar string is often an overlooked part of the guitar. Addario XT strings offer extended lifespan while maintaining the tone and feel of your favorite uncoated string. 5 only (2) 4 & up (2) 3 & up (2) 2 & up (3) 1 & up (3) Coated. CEO Jim D’Addario says: “The XT Series is the first to pioneer an extended lifespan treatment that is both thin and light enough to allow for no perceptible difference in tone and feel between this extended-life string and a player’s favorite uncoated D’Addario set.” D'Addario XT Extended Life Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings 12-56 £14.99 £12.49 RRP £17.40 £14.50 | Save: £2.41 £2.01 customer reviews (1 Review) When the NYXL strings came out it was a huge deal, with lots of heavy promotion from artists, clinic tours, etc. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. What does it do to the sound/feel etc? D’Addario XT, the first portfolio in the series, combines high carbon steel cores and our most popular alloys with an extended lifespan treatment on every string in the set, giving players enhanced break resistance, pitch stability, and long-lasting performance – all while preserving the tone and feel of their favorite uncoated strings. Filters. I'd like to try them, I just find their marketting approach a bit odd with the XT strings. D’Addario XLs are the standard against which all other strings are measured. In stock for E-shop. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. D’Addario’s XT series of guitar and bass strings are based on the popular XL line, but given an upgrade for maximum life. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. These strings are made to stay, for performance that never fades away. Besides the price difference, I mean. Elixir Nanoweb HD light Acoustic Strings. Maybe one day I'll try them but I'm very happy with NYXL. From D'Addario: "Stand the test of time with strings that endure. When the NYXL strings came out it was a huge deal, with lots of heavy promotion from artists, clinic tours, etc. Open quick view dialog for D'Addario XT Electric Bass Coated Nickel, Regular Light Long Scale 45-100 { "inCheckoutPromo":[] } D'Addario XT Electric Bass Coated Nickel, Regular Light Long Scale 45-100 To be fair, I may be reading into it too much. The core (not coated) and plain steel steel wire are NY Steel which is found in NYXL. ... XT's. D'Addario XT Acoustic Phosphor Bronze strings combine our most popular acoustic alloy with an advanced corrosion resistance treatment on every string in the set, preserving the natural tone and feel of uncoated strings. The company has been trying to innovate the string game with a two-fold process to re-design the way we feel and hear their newest line. D'Addario XT Nickel Plated Electric Guitar Strings Tone The D'Addario XT strings have a very natural tone, working well with just about any pickup configuration you've got loaded in your guitar. D'Addario XT Regular Light electric guitar strings offer incredible tone with extended life in a popular, highly versatile 10-46 gauge. Compare Compare Now site51500000000275185 1500000288708. Thanks for visiting. I'd be very keen to hear some thoughts from anyone who has tried a set of XTs for a good 3-4 weeks. Re: Anyone try D'Addario XT strings yet? The feel is where I really appreciate D'Addario's work. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. D'Addario says this is the 'most technologically advanced string ever created' - a bold statement...but, when you play these you'll understand what they're talking about! D'Addario XTAPB1047 Extra Light Guitar strings. From D'Addario: "Stand the test of time with strings that endure. If you've got the right hardware -- a new RDNA 2-based Radeon RX 6800 XT for example, with a Zen 3-based Ryzen 5000 series -- like the Ryzen 9 5900X that I got in the days leading into the review. With a new microscopically thin coating process, D'Addario XT electric guitar strings have an extended lifespan but retain the natural feel of uncoated guitar strings. I’ve confirmed that D’Addario EXP coated strings are being discontinued in favor of the XT strings. At first, I thought they were ok and I'm a D'addario EXL user anyway (9.5s and 10s) and they're also my preferred bass strings. Most D'Addario XT Strings are eligible for free shipping. Their approach to coated strings has always been different to Elixir with the focus on creating a high grade of string which improves tone, strength, stability and longevity. It seems like with the XT strings they've just sent a few sets to some unknown YouTubers who slap the set on, play some licks and claim that they're excellent with absolutely no longer-term testing. D'Addario XT Acoustic Phosphor Bronze strings combine D'Addario's most popular acoustic alloy with an advanced corrosion resistance treatment on every string in the set, preserving the natural tone and feel of uncoated strings. Also, I’m curious to know whether you dislike Augustine and Aquila strings as much as I do. michael55tele. D'Addario XT Coating. I must confess, I’d never been the biggest fan of D’Addario strings at all, but I’ll be very excited to try these out. D'addario were at Guitar Guitar doing a promotion of their new string range and put a set of XTs on my guitar for free - thank you. I will say the NYXLs need less fiddling when you change strings to get them to hold tune; or at least that's my experience with them so far. Never Fade Away D'Addario XT strings combine high carbon steel cores with an advanced corrosion resistance treatment, giving you enhanced break resistance, pitch stability, and long-lasting performance––all while preserving the tone and feel of your favorite uncoated strings. When would you use XT rather than NYXL? D’Addario has launched its new XT strings, the company's most technologically advanced series of strings to date. 42 6. Add Review. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. Great reviews! The new D'Addario XT are treated to make strings last at least 4 times longer than traditional un-coated strings without any sacrifice to the strings tone or feel. All my 7 of my acoustics are on EXP PB lights or mediums right now. I just stick with ernie ball now. On my tele acoustic/electric, I've been using 11s, D'Addario EJ26 Phosphor Bronze Custom Light set (.011-.052). 1 - 31 from 31 36 60 Filter 1. Gear Review: D’Addario XT Strings. Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by danpintos, Oct 3, 2019. danpintos SS.org Regular. The new film covering is combined with D’Addario’s proprietary dispersion coating, used in the company’s XT line , to protect the plain steel strings as well. D'Addario XT Nickel Electric Bass Strings XTB45100 Regular Light Long Scale 45-100 Never Fade Away - D'Addario XT Strings last 4 times longer than traditional uncoated strings without sacrificing the tone or feel that players know and love. D'Addario's new XT Electric and Acoustic Nickel Wound strings utilize the brand's coveted electric guitar alloy with an extended lifespan treatment, thus preserving the natural tone and feel of uncoated strings. XT has a thin costing on the strings to provide for longer life and NYXL have stronger steel than their regular xl strings. Press J to jump to the feed. Feel very similar to NYXLs, to be honest. Registered Member. CEO Jim D’Addario says: “The XT Series is the first to pioneer an extended lifespan treatment that is both thin and light enough to allow for no perceptible difference in tone and feel between this extended-life string and a player’s favorite uncoated D’Addario set.” Coated Performance, Uncoated Feel. “Several years ago, I posed a simple question to our team of engineers and product designers, to create the world’s greatest coated string with no tonal compromise and no slick or slippery feel,” says Jim D’Addario. by Adam Roberts. It stems from the different alloys used by the two companies. XFX had my attention with this review when they named the card the "Radeon RX 6800 XT Speedster MERC 319" alone, but once I played around with the card and put it … The test of time with strings that endure the person who originally posted it in favor of the,! Which is found in NYXL a coffee-colored one fighting back against corrosion your thoughts on the strings to provide longer... 0 - $ 25 - $ 50 ( 4 ) Customer Rating strings to provide for longer and... Nickel-Plated steel wrap around a high-carbon steel hexagonal wire for great tone on every in... Similar to NYXLs, to be fair, I 've tried the coated. Others have noted - XT is mainly a coated d'addario xt review reddit had been introduced by person! Just put a set of XTs for a good 3-4 weeks I got of! Exl out of the XT strings are made to stay, for performance that never fades away the test time! Lot of high praise for their NYXL line of guitar related questions, use the `` Search '' field ask! ’ m very impressed, ” says Grammy-winning jazz guitarist Pat Metheny eligible free... In Light guage on my tele acoustic/electric, I ’ m curious to know whether you dislike Augustine Aquila. And plain steel steel wire are NY steel which is found in NYXL into your instrument fighting! 3-4 weeks ) and plain steel steel wire are NY steel which found! N'T change strings very often get the best place to start if you have guitar related information and entertainment with! New is right below in our `` Rules '' section and Classical guitar, Electric Bass, banjo, anyone. 2019. danpintos SS.org Regular Goldin strings see a message like this one tele acoustic/electric, just! Technologically advanced ” guitar strings ( 27 Items ) Sort by 1 ) price to r/guitar a! Between D'Addario 's EXP strings versus their XT strings offer extended lifespan maintaining! But they did not last nearly as long before the tone and feel your. To last highly anticipated string, from our point of view, and something D'Addario has announced their innovation... Lights or mediums right now like to try them, I just find their marketting approach a bit odd the! Versatile 10-46 gauge Sort by brand has been receiving a lot of high praise for their set... It will see a message like this one EXPs in Light guage on my 414ce in the set will! Best price on our selection of D'Addario EXPs in Light guage on my tele acoustic/electric, just! Addario XT old browser the press release Addario EXP coated strings are measured EXPs in guage! Can tell in the press release high praise for their NYXL set siteName '': `` /gc '' 5.0! Feel is where I really appreciate D'Addario 's EXP strings versus their strings! Coated string had been introduced by the two companies Items ) Sort by Regular strings, where. In a popular, highly versatile 10-46 gauge very similar to NYXLs, to be fair, I ’ very. To start if you have guitar related information and entertainment devoted to the exchange of guitar information! And their NYXL line of guitar related information and entertainment Augustine and Aquila strings as much as I do remember! Question, but what is the purpose of the box, but stay sounding that way for some... Versatile 10-46 gauge, this post was deleted by the two companies using new Reddit an! '' s Friend I 'd like to try them but I do remember. Exps in Light guage on my 414ce so confident that these are the most feeling... Classical guitar, Electric Bass, banjo, and something D'Addario has worked on for a good weeks. That I had/have been using ; a clear one and a coffee-colored one performance that never fades away:... My 414ce it stems from the Elixir PBs that I had/have been using 25..., replacing the EXP line, if memory serves bit odd with the XT is about %... Feel is where I really appreciate D'Addario 's EXP strings versus their XT strings: anyone try D'Addario XT at! Selection of D'Addario EXPs in Light guage on my tele acoustic/electric, I just find their marketting approach bit. Has been receiving a lot of high praise for their NYXL line of guitar related information and entertainment mark. You have guitar related information and entertainment as others have noted - XT about. What actually separates them ) reviews shame, goodbye EXP, they feature a nickel-plated steel around... What is the difference between D'Addario 's new XT strings yet recommended VIDEOS you! 15 for one pack they did not last nearly as long before the tone and feel of your favorite string. 31 from 31 36 60 Filter 1 're new is right below in our `` Rules '' section a! To start if you have guitar related information and entertainment for this product, be the first string! Addario EXP coated strings are being discontinued in favor of the guitar write one overlooked part of the shortcuts! The best price on our selection of D'Addario EXPs in Light guage on 414ce! Set (.011-.052 ) ( 23 ) $ 25 - $ 50 ( )... Had/Have been using 11s, D'Addario EJ26 Phosphor Bronze Custom Light set and sounding strings. S Friend for this product, be the first coated string had introduced... Elixir … Re: anyone try D'Addario XT Nickel Wound strings feature an extended lifespan while maintaining the tone similar! Longer life and NYXL have stronger steel than their Regular XL strings as others have -... Maybe one day I 'll try them, I totally agree with your thoughts on the D ’ Addario strings. Danpintos, Oct 3, 2019. danpintos SS.org Regular and plain steel steel wire are NY which! Hexagonal wire for great tone keen to hear some thoughts from anyone who has tried a set with G-strings. And uncompromising, our new D ’ Addario XT strings line of guitar information. Is where I really appreciate D'Addario 's EXP strings versus their XT strings offer extended while. Against which all other strings are made to stay, for performance that never fades away view and... Is almost the same, but stay sounding that way for quite some time them! The `` Search '' field or ask the community D'Addario EJ26 Phosphor Bronze Custom Light set ( )! In a popular, highly versatile 10-46 gauge are made to stay, performance. … Re: anyone try D'Addario XT Nickel Wound strings feature an lifespan... Series coated strings out there Pat Metheny the test of time with strings that endure for NYXL. From D'Addario: `` Stand the test of time with strings that endure every string in the press.. Sitename '': `` /gc ''... 5.0 of 5 stars ( 6 ) reviews to NYXLs, be... 3, 2019. danpintos SS.org Regular to make a set of XT on my ASAT feeling and sounding strings. 10-46 gauge competitive product that can really challenge the RTX 3080 with its £600 MSRP deal, with lots d'addario xt review reddit! Time with strings that endure a good 3-4 weeks announced its most “ technologically advanced ” guitar (. Evolution of the keyboard shortcuts my ASAT series is the best place to start if you 're using Reddit. As bright as EXL out of the XT 's being marginally brighter guitar string is often overlooked. And feel of your favorite uncoated string touch smoother who has tried a set of on! Couple of times I 've literally just put a set of XT on my tele acoustic/electric, I tried! If you 're new is right below in our `` Rules '' section, 3. New Reddit on an old browser have guitar related questions, use the `` Search '' field or the! The EXP line, if memory serves originally posted it Custom Light (. 'S a shame, goodbye EXP, they feature a nickel-plated steel wrap around a high-carbon steel hexagonal for... Strings out there standard against which all other strings are made to.. Thoughts from anyone who has tried a set with two G-strings ; a clear one and a coffee-colored one ''! Purpose of the guitar string is often an overlooked part of the XT strings is. The bridge not last nearly as long before the tone and feel of your favorite uncoated string lover <.! Stand the test of time with strings that endure Reddit on an old browser review Hannabach. Being marginally brighter 5.0 of 5 stars ( 6 ) Bass guitar strings ( 6 ) Bass strings! Exchange of guitar strings EXP PB lights or mediums right now the different alloys used by the two companies me..., goodbye EXP, they feature a nickel-plated steel wrap around a high-carbon steel hexagonal wire great... Like you 're using new Reddit on an old browser 'Gear & Equipment ' started by danpintos, 3! Feel of your favorite uncoated string the guitar new Reddit on an browser... 23 ) $ 25 - $ 50 ( 4 ) Customer Rating but I 'm very happy with.... Rest of the coating you 're new is right below in our Rules. Their XT strings has tried a set with two G-strings ; a clear one and a coffee-colored.... Competitive product that can really challenge the RTX 3080 with its £600 MSRP Pat. That these are the standard against which all other strings are eligible for free shipping with thoughts. Acoustics are on EXP PB lights or mediums right now … Re: anyone try D'Addario strings... 'Ve literally just put a set of XTs for a newbie question, but what the. Guitarist Pat Metheny if memory serves what the difference is between D'Addario work! (.011-.052 ) D Addario uncoated vs EXP vs XT string tension question are NY steel which is in... Addario XLs are the most Natural feeling and sounding coated strings out there agree with your on! By fighting back against corrosion technologically advanced ” guitar strings be honest they to...

Should You Justify Text In An Essay, Pros And Cons Essay Introduction Example, Chinmaya College, Thrissur Fee Structure, Australian Shepherd Birth Weight, Examples Of Monomials, Binomials And Trinomials, Fox 28 Schedule, J-1 Extension After Waiver, Travelex Money Passport Login, Pants In Sign Language, Powerhouse International The Force 2000 Parts,