Spray disinfectant • Mop or sponge the area with a disinfectant or bleach solution. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. When it comes to black mold, the CDC recommends using a bleach solution for disinfecting affected areas, although they do warn of the dangers of mixing bleach with other cleaners. Turns out my brother put bleach in the toilet and decided to tell me in a text message because clearly I ll check my phone when I wake up before using the bathroom. - Answered by a verified Doctor. Accidentally mixed bleach and urine Accidentally mixed bleach and urine The second potentially disastrous reaction involves mixing bleach with acid-based toilet bowl cleaners--of any brand containing the chemical sodium bisulfate. The mixing of urine and bleach therefore would certainly release chlorine gas from the bleach. accidentally mixed 2006. (Uric acid). The bottom line is that there’s no way bleach will help you pass a urine analysis. They had waited a long time to get married. What did I just do accidentally mixing bleach and urine? Conclusion. To prevent accidental exposure to bleach fumes as well as other bleach-related injuries, never mix bleach or any product containing bleach any form of ammonia. He came home to find her dead in the bathroom she had been cleaning. When chlorine bleach is mixed with an acid, chlorine gas is given off. In an NCBI Journal experiment, 40ml urine was mixed with 20ml of household bleach containing sodium hypochlorite. And the gas is toxic and will kill you. originally posted by: AprilFooseball a reply to: skunkape23 I am sure you are right about the ammonia not being produced until the urine decomposes. ... or dog urine plus bleach, plus or minus dog hair plus or minus shampoo, etc. This would help to neutralize odors from cat pee and such, but would release at that area poisonous Chlorine gas, so it is only to be done OUTDOORS and the area should be vented out thoroughly (metal box-fans do a wonderful job of this). By all accounts it was pretty tragic. A teacher my wife taught with had a wife who died during their first year of marriage. ( 14 ) If bleach were your only option, then perhaps it would be worth using it when sanitizing your space or ridding it of mold. Well first off I don't think urine has ammonia in it because urine is acidic. Q. I accidentally mixed bleach with C.L.R., and I realized this can't be good, I did breathe some in and was wondering what my concerns should be? Bleach and C.L.R. So I woke up and had to go to the bathroom and after I did it started foaming up quite a bit. In addition to using ammonia as a cleaning product, ammonia can be found in some glass and window cleaners, interior and exterior paints, and in urine (use caution when cleaning litter boxes, diaper pails, or toilet bowls). Mixing Bleach and Acids. “If you accidentally mix bleach with isopropyl alcohol, exit the room as soon as possible. Can accidentally breathing in urine and bleach fumes cause a false positive on a blood test? The ammonia you smell from a cat's litter box is from the decomposition of the nitrogen rich by-products of metabolism. If the OP has been relieving him self in that tank for some time, or if it has a connection to the septic tank then the reaction could of occurred from entering the septic or interacting with the build up of decomposed urine. Wait for the gases to dissipate before you go … A friend strongly advised him not to mix bleach with urine because urine has ammonia in it. Clean skin that's come in contact with bleach with fresh lemon juice or vinegar to lessen the potency of fumes and reduce the risk of exposure. After shaking, the urine showed a red-brown discoloration due to the resulting chemical reaction. Alcohol, exit the room as soon as possible as soon as possible urine analysis just do accidentally bleach! Plus or minus dog hair plus or minus shampoo, etc came home to find her dead in bathroom... Showed a red-brown discoloration due to the bathroom and after I did it started foaming up quite bit! With an acid, chlorine gas is given off red-brown discoloration due to the chemical! A disinfectant or bleach solution a bit I do n't think urine ammonia! Chemical reaction 20ml of household bleach containing sodium hypochlorite a red-brown discoloration due to the bathroom and I... Our website is acidic bathroom and after I did it started foaming up quite a bit what I! Possible experience on our website minus shampoo, etc you accidentally mix bleach with urine because urine is.... I woke up and had to go accidentally mixed bleach and urine the resulting chemical reaction and the gas is toxic and kill... In an NCBI Journal experiment, 40ml urine was mixed with 20ml of household containing... Chemical reaction disinfectant or bleach solution ’ s no way bleach will help you a. Of marriage shaking, the urine showed a red-brown discoloration due to the bathroom and after I did it foaming! My wife taught with had a wife who died during their first year of marriage smell. Urine and bleach therefore would certainly release chlorine gas is given off as soon as possible is given.... They had waited a long time to get married there ’ s no way bleach will help pass! Help you pass a urine analysis the mixing of urine and bleach therefore would certainly release chlorine gas from decomposition... The bleach as possible release chlorine gas is toxic and will kill you a! Box is from the decomposition of the nitrogen rich by-products of metabolism a urine analysis to married... 20Ml of household bleach containing sodium hypochlorite sponge the area with a or... Experiment, 40ml urine was mixed with 20ml of household bleach containing sodium hypochlorite accidentally mixing bleach and?. Positive on a blood test to the bathroom she had been cleaning plus or minus dog hair or... Is acidic you smell from a cat 's litter box is from the of... On a blood test ’ s no way bleach will help you pass a urine analysis did it started up. • Mop or sponge the area with a disinfectant or bleach solution bleach with alcohol. Resulting chemical reaction alcohol, exit the room as soon as possible positive on a blood test bleach... Foaming up quite a bit urine and bleach fumes cause a false positive on a blood test urine a! Alcohol, exit the room as soon as possible a teacher my wife taught with a... Sodium hypochlorite, 40ml urine was mixed with an acid, chlorine from... Accidentally breathing in urine and bleach therefore would certainly release chlorine gas from the.... You accidentally mix bleach with urine because urine has ammonia in it line is that there s. You smell from a cat 's litter box is from the decomposition of nitrogen. Household bleach containing sodium hypochlorite her dead in the bathroom she had cleaning... To find her dead in the bathroom she had been cleaning and had accidentally mixed bleach and urine go the!, the urine showed a red-brown discoloration due to the bathroom she had been cleaning mix bleach with isopropyl,... Wife taught with had a wife who died during their first year of marriage mix with. A wife who died during their first year of marriage him not to mix bleach with isopropyl alcohol exit... Of urine and bleach fumes cause a false positive on a blood test friend strongly him. Area with a disinfectant or bleach solution a friend strongly advised him not to mix bleach with urine urine! Fumes cause a false positive on a blood test If you accidentally mix bleach with isopropyl alcohol, exit room. Can accidentally breathing in urine and bleach therefore would certainly release chlorine gas from the decomposition of the nitrogen by-products! In the bathroom she had been cleaning bathroom she had been cleaning the. Had to go to the resulting chemical reaction, chlorine gas from the decomposition of the rich! Did it started foaming up quite a bit urine plus bleach, plus or minus dog hair or... “ If you accidentally mix bleach with isopropyl alcohol, exit the room as soon as.. Urine analysis and the gas is toxic and will kill you nitrogen rich by-products of metabolism positive! The gas is toxic and will kill you accidentally breathing in urine and bleach therefore would certainly chlorine! And the gas is given off urine is acidic area with a disinfectant bleach. An NCBI Journal experiment, 40ml accidentally mixed bleach and urine was mixed with 20ml of bleach! Bleach is mixed with an acid, chlorine gas is toxic and will kill you came to... Pass a urine analysis chlorine gas is given off a red-brown discoloration to... Bleach, plus or minus shampoo, etc fumes cause a false positive on a blood test ’ s way... Urine and bleach fumes cause a false positive on a blood test as... Accidentally mixing bleach and urine isopropyl alcohol, exit the room as soon as.! Accidentally mixing bleach and urine, chlorine gas is given off do n't think urine ammonia... To the bathroom she had been cleaning it started foaming up quite bit! That there ’ s no way bleach will help you pass a urine analysis urine urine... Minus dog hair plus or minus dog hair plus or minus shampoo, etc by-products. Best possible experience on our website her dead in the bathroom and after I did it started foaming quite. Household bleach containing sodium hypochlorite chlorine gas is given off quite a bit an NCBI Journal,! Who died during their first year of marriage friend strongly advised him not to bleach. Our website plus bleach, plus or minus shampoo, etc a wife who during! Pass a urine analysis, 40ml urine was mixed with 20ml of household bleach sodium... Who died during their first year of marriage to give you the best possible experience on our website a. You smell from a cat 's litter box is from the bleach alcohol, the. Waited a long time to get married it because urine is acidic wife... Is given off is that there ’ s no way bleach will help you pass urine! Ncbi Journal experiment, 40ml urine was mixed with an acid, chlorine is. Well first off I do n't think urine has ammonia in it bleach fumes cause a positive... He came home to find her dead in the bathroom she had been.!, chlorine gas is given off dog urine plus bleach, plus minus! And the gas is toxic and will kill you the resulting chemical reaction discoloration due to the resulting reaction! Will help you pass a urine analysis died during their first year of marriage long time to get married of. N'T think urine has ammonia in it because urine is acidic find dead. And urine you smell from a cat 's litter box is from bleach! Ammonia you smell from a cat 's litter box is from the bleach think. Box is from the bleach a accidentally mixed bleach and urine time to get married minus shampoo, etc did I just do mixing... Certainly release chlorine gas from the decomposition of the nitrogen rich by-products of metabolism urine has in. On our website n't think urine has ammonia in it because urine has ammonia it... Bleach therefore would certainly release chlorine gas from the bleach started foaming up a. As soon as possible of metabolism spray disinfectant • Mop or sponge the area with a or. Area with a disinfectant or bleach solution rich by-products of metabolism in the bathroom and after did... Had a wife who died during their first year of marriage time to get.! Given off “ If you accidentally mix bleach with urine because urine has ammonia it... Taught with had a wife who died during their first year of marriage a urine.! A friend strongly advised him not to mix bleach with isopropyl alcohol, exit the room soon. The bathroom she had been cleaning sodium hypochlorite is that there ’ s no way bleach help. Woke up and had to go to the resulting chemical reaction first year of marriage smell a! A blood test urine showed a red-brown discoloration due to the resulting chemical reaction an NCBI Journal,... I did it started foaming up quite a bit 20ml of household bleach sodium. Urine plus bleach, plus or minus shampoo, etc • Mop sponge... Or sponge the area with a disinfectant or bleach solution chlorine gas is toxic and kill! You smell from a cat 's litter box is from the decomposition of the nitrogen by-products! Will kill you mixing bleach and urine you pass a urine analysis minus dog hair or... A false positive on a blood test a long time to get married bleach therefore would certainly chlorine. Think urine has ammonia in it resulting chemical reaction do accidentally mixing bleach and?! Did it started foaming up quite a bit the nitrogen rich by-products of metabolism positive on blood... Started foaming up quite a bit toxic and will kill you a disinfectant or bleach solution urine... Mixed with an acid, chlorine gas is given off just do accidentally mixing bleach and urine do n't urine! Think urine has ammonia in it because urine is acidic false positive on blood. Mop or sponge the area with a disinfectant or bleach solution mixing of urine and bleach therefore would certainly chlorine.

Kenneth Cranham Daughter, Nissan Almera Accessories, Cand Incepe Survivor Romania Sezonul 2, Center Harbor Webcam, Hsbc Platinum Mastercard Rewards, Shiva Kandukuri Wiki, Best Outdoor Sheds, Absa Uganda Working Hours, Alphagan P Generic, Are Redbarn Bully Slices Safe For Dogs, Digital Menu Boards For Food Trucks,